Friday, December 18, 2009

Traffic Violation

This was not fun for sure. Its less than a month and I got a chance to see to feel what India is famous for.

Incident
I was out for shopping and when I came out of the mall , my vehicle was missing. Asked a tea-wala shop and he mentioned that It has been towed to Abids Traffic Police Station which was like 500 meter away.

When I went there there was a person ( not police-man ) , he explained me that vehicle was parking in No-Parking area.

I asked that there was no such sign there as 'No Parking', he said ..right but there was no sign like 'Park here' :) , funny...

I asked him why only he towed my vehicle when there were more than 30 other vehicles, he mentioned he had space for 4 vehicles in the towing truck... kool isn't it.

So it was the time to talk about business. He asked me papers etc and when I checked all papers , pollution certificate was missing.

So he explained 150 for parking violation and 300 for pollution = 450 INR

I was able to do a settlement indian style... you got it... right :)

But when I came home I checked for price of different traffic violation fines here.
MV Act and Fines

Lesson Learnt :
1. Always keep your pollution under control done in time.
2. And no parking is just INR 100, so in case someone catches you...pay it with receipt rather than bribing for INR 100.

.

1 comment:

  1. That was funny. You did not mention how much you ended up paying him..

    ReplyDelete